Sen. John McCain’s daughter [Meghan McCain] — who writes online for The Daily Beast and will soon release a book about life as a Republican — lost it after getting stopped by security when she arrived at the White House Correspondents dinner Saturday. The problem? She had only two tickets, but brought two friends.
“The security guard sent her to talk to someone to sort out the situation, but Meghan got bratty and nastily told him, ‘We’ll just stand here then,’ like an insolent child,” our source said, adding that after dealing with the guard, “She muttered to her friends, ‘Does he even know who the f--- I am?’ ”
A few other things were overheard that night too:
- "For a Republican who likes to write about sex, you sure aren't trying to hard to get your extra friend inside."
- [Alternate take] "Meghan, you will have to do what Helen Thomas did when she was a ticket short."
- "That's the same thing Alexandra Kerry said four years ago.
- "The president should be squirming in his seat. Not smiling. The black dyke got it wrong. No one told her the rules." [I'm not kidding on this one]
- "Who hit Whoopi with the ugly stick?"
- "Is it just me or when Pres. Obama tells a joke he reminds me of Urkel?" "Heretic!"
- "*gasps* Pres. Obama knows my name!"
- "If Helen Thomas gets to the open bar before we do, we'll never get a drink."
- "I like the cut of this young man's jib. This Sykes fellow."
- "No Meghan, both tickets are for you. One for you, the other for your ass."