Truth be told, it's just beginning.
For those of you who have been asking, “What about tomorrow?”
The Tea Party is today. Tomorrow, the real work begins.
Are you ready to be a More Educated Voter? A More Effective Activist? A Champion for Freedom?
The Tax Day Tea Party Purpose: To peacefully protest a government that is loading unfathomable and incomprehensible amounts of debt on this and future generations in order to fund so-called ’stimulus’ packages and bailouts and “pork projects” for special interest groups. The amount is so great that it will not be able to repaid without increased taxation. Confiscatory taxation means greater government control over our lives, and a loss of our freedom and liberty.
There’s no super-rich sugar daddy like George Soros pulling the strings.
There’s no special interest group like Moveon.org creating the illusion of a grassroots movement.
And it’s not a taxpayer-funded “protest” group like ACORN.
It’s just ordinary Americans who believe in preserving American values and principles like faith, freedom and smaller government.
Call to Action: The Next Election Starts Today
1. Sign the Petition. We will notify you via the website when we intend to deliver it to Governor Kaine, and our duly elected representatives. Make sure to keep up to date with the Richmond Tea Party website, blog, forum and Facebook site.
2. If you have RSVPd, registered at the Tea Party, are a member of the Tea Party on Facebook, or signed the Petition, you are already part of our email network. We will keep you informed via email about upcoming protest rallies in the Richmond area. There are more planned protests leading up to the November 2010 elections. Each protest rally will be bigger than the one before. The People will not be ignored.
3. The Richmond Tea Party is an umbrella for all like-minded organizations. You were at the Tea Party and lots of ideas were presented. Which ones interested you? Find a niche. The key is to stay involved in some way. Whether it is as simple as educating yourself (leaders are readers) and encouraging your neighbors, or running for local office — there is an organization ready to help you. Here is a list of suggested organizations to plug into.
4. Not sure what to do? Contact Us and we can help you find a place for your skills and interests. We are here to help you become a better informed citizen and a more effective activist.
5. We are building an Army. We will no longer be ignored. The Spirit of America is at stake.
NOTE: Sad to say, there are many organizations trying to piggy-back on the efforts of the Tea Party Movement.
Some are simply trying to raise a buck or two, using the “Tea Party” name. Find the right place for your time and skills.
Cross posted at The Richmond Tea Party Blog.